Small Business Lending
Backed by the Small Business Administration, an SBA loan or line of credit offers greater flexibility in loan amounts and repayment options, usually resulting in lower monthly payments.1
Benefits of small business lending from SBA include:
- Fixed or variable interest rates with flexible terms up to 25 years, depending on loan purpose, with no balloon payments
- Loan closing costs may be financed2
- As little as 10% down payment on commercial real estate
With an active Business Line of Credit, Term Loan, or SBA Loan, we’ll waive the standard monthly service charge on your Business Premium or Business Elite Checking account.
Fifth Third offers many types of small business lending options to meet different business needs.
SBA 7(a) Loans
- Loan limit up to $5,000,000
- Loan proceeds may be used for commercial real estate expansion/new construction, working capital, equipment purchase, refinancing existing debt, or exporting
- Term loan or line of credit
- Loan limit up to $350,000
- Similar to 7(a) loan, but simpler application process and faster approval
SBA Patriot Express
Designed for veterans and members of the military community3 that want to establish or expand small businesses
- Current spouses or widowed spouses of a service member or veteran may also be eligible to participate
- Limit up to $500,000
SBA 504 Loans
- Loan limits from $125,000 to over $10,000,000
- Designed to help small businesses acquire fixed assets, such as commercial real estate or equipment
- Provides affordable, long-term financing through certified development companies (CDCs) in cooperation with Fifth Third Bank
- Borrower pays as little as 10% down payment on the purchase of commercial real estate and equipment
- Includes job creation requirement4
SBA Exporting Loans
Unique SBA loans are available to businesses that want to begin or expand exporting into international markets. These loans can also help you be more competitive if you are adversely affected by import competition.
SBA Export Express
- Benefits businesses that have been in operation for at least 12 months and can demonstrate that loan proceeds will support export development activity.
- Loans under this program can be term loans or revolving lines of credit up to $500,000
SBA International Trade Loan
- Provides small businesses with financing options to support export transactions and help them enter and expand into international markets.
- This loan program offers a combination of fixed asset, working capital and debt financing options with a maximum amount of $5,000,000
- This program offers small businesses a revolving line of credit that aids in addressing short-term and cyclical working capital needs.
- Line of credit up to $5,000,000 available.
Who qualifies for SBA?5
- The SBA has specific criteria for businesses to qualify for SBA financing:
- The business must operate for-profit
- The business must operate in the United States or its possessions
- The business cannot have more than $15,000,000 in maximum tangible net worth and a 2-year average net income after Federal income tax of $5,000,000
- The business must show that the loan can be repaid from existing cash flow
To apply for an SBA line of credit or loan, visit a Fifth Third Banking Center or contact us at 1-866-531-4249.
Lending subject to credit review and approval.
How Long Will it Take to Repay My Loan?
Fees & Disclosures