Preferred Financial Services
A Premier Program with Exclusive Benefits
With your Preferred Program membership you get preferred financial services, including exclusive savings, compelling rewards and personalized service from your dedicated team. From personalized banking, preferred checking and specialized lending to special rates and preferred banking upgrades, we have reserved a host of special benefits for Preferred Program members.
|Preferred Banking Benefits and Rewards|
|Preferred Banking† Rates||
|Waived ATM and Service Fees||
|Discounts on Fifth Third Identity Alert® and Fifth Third Identity Alert Premium®||
With the Preferred discount of $9.95/month, this service is complimentary
With the Preferred discount of $9.95, this service is only $5/month
|Complimentary World Debit MasterCard®||
|Fifth Third Preferred Card®15||
|Investment* and Insurance Privileges|
How can you benefit now from the Fifth Third Preferred Program?
Simply open your FDIC-insured Fifth Third Preferred Checking account with a $50 minimum opening balance, and maintain a combined account balance equal to or greater than $100,000 across all of your household accounts (including checking†, savings†, money market deposit accounts†, bank† and brokerage* IRAs, certificates of deposit†, investment management accounts*, annuities*, and brokerage* balances).23
† Deposit and credit products provided by Fifth Third Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender
†† Your credit monitoring and alerts, Identity Theft Insurance and Fraud Assistance begin automatically upon enrollment.
††† Your other benefits will not be available or released to you unless you visit 53identityalert.com and use the member account number to create log in credentials and then access these benefits. Or you may call us at 1-800-972-3030 to request activation materials to be sent to you through the mail.
- You must achieve a combined total balance of at least $100,000 across your deposit† and investment accounts one time per month. A combined account balance is considered to be the sum of all checking, savings, money market deposit accounts, bank and brokerage IRAs*, certificate of deposits, investment management accounts, annuities*, and brokerage* balances. One of the Fifth Third Preferred Checking account owners must be listed as the primary owner on the other accounts to count towards the $100,000 balance requirement. If the balance requirement is not met, there is a $25 monthly fee. This account earns interest. Please request a Rate Sheet for the interest rates and annual percentage yields. At the Bank's discretion, the Bank may change the interest rate and annual percentage yield at any time on your account. Your interest begins to accrue no later than the business day we receive credit for the deposit of non-cash items (for example, checks). Interest on your account will be compounded continuously and credited monthly. The Bank uses the daily balance method to calculate interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the balance in your account each day. When your account is closed, you will forfeit any accrued interest. $50 minimum deposit to open a new checking account. Fees may reduce earnings.
- All owners on the savings account must also be listed as owners on the Fifth Third Preferred Checking account.
- Excludes all promotional rate CDs, IRA CDs, 529 CDs, Non IRA CDs opened in amounts of $100,000 or more (Jumbo CD), variable rate CDs, and step rate CDs. All owners on the CD must also be listed together as owners on the Fifth Third Preferred Checking account.
- If the account balance falls below $100,000 for more than 90 consecutive days, you will not be eligible to receive these benefits. The eligibility of these benefits will be reinstated the day after the account balance reaches $100,000.
- Loans and lines are subject to credit review and approval. Fifth Third Mortgage Company, 5001 Kingsley Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45227, 1-877-841-7511, an Illinois Residential Mortgage Licensee, License No. MB 0005994, Illinois Commissioner of Banks and Real Estate, 122 S. Michigan Ave., 19th Floor, Chicago, IL 60603, (312) 793-3000. Fifth Third Mortgage Company d/b/a Fifth Third Mortgage Company Incorporated and licensed by the New Hampshire banking department, licensed by the N.J. Department of Banking and Insurances and the California Department of Business Oversight under the California Residential Mortgage Lending Act. Fifth Third Mortgage is the trade name used by the Fifth Third Mortgage Company (NMLS #134100) and Fifth Third Mortgage-MI, LLC (#447141).
- All standard-size orders of Fifth Third custom checks are free. 25% discount on other styles. Regular fees apply for Checks for Two and Gift Checks.
- Daily monitoring will notify you of any new inquiries, certain derogatory information, accounts, public records, or change of address that have been added to your credit reports as reported by one of the major credit reporting agencies. If no information has been added or changed, then you will receive a quarterly notification stating that no information has changed within your credit file.
- Fifth Third Identity Alert, Financial Services Association, or their service providers as applicable, and their credit information subcontractors shall not have any liability for the accuracy of the information contained in your credit reports, credit scores, or monitoring reports which you receive in connection with the Fifth Third Identity Alert service, including liability for damages, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental.
- Your CreditXpert® ScoresTM are provided by CreditXpert Inc. Although these scores are not used by lenders to evaluate your credit, they are intended to reflect common credit scoring practices and are designed to help you understand your credit. Your scores are based on information from the files at the three major credit reporting agencies. Your scores may not be identical or similar to scores you receive directly from those agencies or from other sources.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: YOUR LIABILITY FOR UNAUTHORIZED USE UNDER FEDERAL LAW: For credit cards: If the card issuer has notified you of your maximum potential liability, has provided a means for you to notify the card issuer of credit card loss, and if the credit card contains a means of identifying the cardholder or authorized user, then your liability for unauthorized use of your card before the card issuer is notified is no more than $50.00 on each card. For debit and cash-machine (ATM) cards: Your liability for unauthorized use of your card is no more than $50.00 if you notify the card issuer of card loss within two business days after you learn of the loss of the card. After that, your liability is up to $500.00, provided that the card issuer establishes that the unauthorized charges would not have occurred if you had notified the card issuer within the two business day period. In addition, if you do not notify the card issuer within 60 days after a periodic statement showing unauthorized transfers is sent to you, then you will also be liable for the amount of unauthorized transfers that occurred after the 60-day period and before notice to the card issuer, provided that the card issuer establishes that the unauthorized charges would not have occurred if you had notified the card issuer within the 60-day period. Your card issuer's liability policy may provide for lesser liability amounts than indicated above. Consult your card issuer's terms and conditions for specific details. The policy of many card issuers is not to hold cardholders liable. Nothing set forth in your membership materials alters any rights you may have under federal or state law with respect to unauthorized or erroneous transactions on your card accounts. You are not required to have this service to maintain your credit, debit, or ATM cards.
- The Identity Theft Insurance benefits are provided to all members, along with all other benefits afforded as part of the program, through Financial Services Association (FSA or the "Association"). Upon enrollment in the program, you will automatically be admitted as a member of the Association.
The Identity Theft Insurance is underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group, Inc., under group policy #7077733 for non-New York State Insureds and #1423212 for New York State Insureds. All exclusions and limitations of the master policy apply. See the Benefits Summary for details regarding such exclusions and limitations. Availability of coverage is subject to underwriting qualifications and state laws and regulations. Coverage is subject to actual policy language.
- Daily monitoring will notify you of any new inquiries, certain derogatory information, accounts, public records, or change of address that have been added to your credit reports as reported by any of the three major credit reporting agencies. If no information has been added or changed, then you will receive a quarterly notification stating that no information has changed within your credit file.
- Fifth Third Identity Alert monitors the Social Security number for up to ten of your children who are under the age of 18 in credit headers and pre-credit data sources; however, it is impossible to ensure that all pre-credit data sources have been searched. Accordingly, your child monitoring alert notifications may not contain or apprise you of all instances in which your child's Social Security number may have been compromised. Once your child turns 18, he/she will be removed from the monitoring.
- Benefits and Services provided for Fifth Third cardholders under contract with MasterCard®, a third-party provider. Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply. See the applicable Fifth Third Bank MasterCard Guide to Benefits for more details and a complete explanation of benefits and services.
- Subject to credit review and approval. Annual Percentage Rates (APR) range from 13.99% to 23.99%,. Rates are based on applicant creditworthiness. APRs will vary with the market based on the WSJ Prime Rate Cash Advance APR: 24.99%. Penalty APR: 29.99% may be applied to your Account if you make a late payment. If your APRs are increased because you are late, the Penalty APR will apply until you make six consecutive minimum payments.
- Bonus Category Rewards Points: earn two Real Life Rewards® points for every $1 spent on qualifying travel, dining, gas, grocery and discount store purchases. Fifth Third does not determine the Merchant Category Codes that businesses use to classify their business. Purchases made at a merchant that does not process transactions under the Bonus Categories will not qualify and you will not receive the Bonus Points. Bonus Points and Bonus Categories are offered at the discretion of Fifth Third and may be changed from time to time. Some products may carry an expiration limit on rewards points. For additional information about the Rewards Program and point expiration, click here for the Rewards Terms and Conditions or visit your nearest banking center.
- Purchases are defined as the dollar value of goods and services of credit purchases made with the Card, minus any credits, returns or other adjustments as reflected on the monthly statements. Purchases do not include annual fees, late payment fees, over-limit fees, insurance charges, card-related service charges, Finance Charges, or other fees and/or unauthorized charges. Purchases also do not include Cash Advances, PIN-based transactions, Ready Reserve Overdraft Protection transactions, balance transfers, Convenience Checks, person-to-person money transfers, quasi-cash transactions (including the purchase of casino gaming chips, lottery tickets, wire transfer services, traveler's checks, foreign currency, or money orders), gaming transactions or currency purchases.
- Annual Fee is $79.00. The annual fee is waived, 1) The first year for all cardholders; and, 2) For Members of the Preferred Program or Fifth Third Private Bank. Preferred Program Membership requires a combined account balance equal to or greater than $100,000 across all Fifth Third Bank accounts. For more information on enrollment and the terms of membership, visit a Fifth Third Banking Center. Deposit and credit products provided by Fifth Third Bank. Fifth Third Private Bank> is a division of Fifth Third Bank. For more information on the terms of membership for the Fifth Third Private Bank, call 866-488-0017 to find a local Private Bank Advisor.
- International Transaction Fee. There is a finance charge in the form of a transaction fee equal to 3% of the U.S. dollar amount of each credit card Foreign Transaction. The International Transaction fee is waived on the Preferred Card. Transaction and Other Fees may apply. Balance Transfer Fee: Either $5.00 or 4%, whichever is greater, of the total dollar amount transferred. Cash Advance Fee: Either $5 or 4% of the amount of each Cash Advance, whichever is greater. Convenience Check Fee: Either $5 or 4% of the total dollar amount of each check, whichever is greater. Late Payment Fee: up to $35.00. Expedited Card Delivery Fee: $30.00 per Account. Replacement Card Fee: $10.00.
- $25 annual Custody and Recordkeeping account fee for brokerage accounts will be waived.
- When moving at least $25,000 in assets to a Fifth Third Securities or Preferred Investment Management account. There is no annual fee for transfers to a Preferred Investment Management account.
- When you make asset transfers from other financial institutions to a Fifth Third Securities or Preferred Investment Management account. There is no fee for transfers to a Preferred Investment Management account.
- Certain types of accounts, such as Trust accounts, Trusteed IRAs and Investment Management accounts for fiduciaries are not eligible.
Fifth Third Preferred Card and Real Life Rewards are registered service marks of Fifth Third Bancorp. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.
The benefits in Fifth Third Identity Alert are provided by Fifth Third's vendor, Affinion Benefits Group. To find out more information on Identity Alert, please visit your local Fifth Third Banking Center or visit IdentityAlert.53.com.
*Fifth Third Bank provides access to investments and investment services through various subsidiaries, including Fifth Third Securities. Fifth Third Securities is the trade name used by Fifth Third Securities, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC, a registered broker-dealer and registered investment advisor registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training. Securities and investments offered through Fifth Third Securities, Inc. and insurance products:
|Are Not FDIC Insured||Offer No Bank Guarantee||May Lose Value|
|Are Not Insured by any Federal Government Agency||Are Not A Deposit|
**Insurance products made available through Fifth Third Insurance Agency, Inc.
Insurance products are not offered in all states.
Please consult with a Fifth Third Insurance Professional.
Investments, variable annuities and brokerage accounts are offered through Fifth Third Securities, a wholly owned subsidiary of Fifth Third Bank. Fixed annuities are offered through Fifth Third Insurance Agency Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fifth Third Bank.