Getting Started with Internet Banking and Bill Payment
Logging In for the First Time
1) Provide Your User ID
For your first log in, you will need to provide one of the following as your User ID:
- Fifth Third debit or ATM card number
- Your nine-digit Social Security number. (It is not necessary to include the dashes between the numbers.) Note: Customers must request to use their Social Security number as their User ID by contacting a Customer Service Professional at 1-800-972-3030 or visiting a Fifth Third Banking Center.
If you don’t have a Fifth Third Bank ATM card, you can get one at a Fifth Third Banking Center. A User ID number can also be generated by a Customer Service Professional by calling 1-800-972-3030.
Creating Your Internet Banking User ID after Your Initial Log In
After you log in for the first time, you can create your own personalized User ID for Internet Banking and Bill Payment to be used in place of your Social Security number or debit card number. To create your Internet Banking User ID, click on Service Center in the top navigation first. Then, click on the “Internet Banking User ID” link and follow the prompts.
Guidelines for creating your Internet Banking User ID:
- A User ID must consist of 9-30 characters and contain at least one letter.
- User IDs cannot contain spaces.
- User IDs cannot begin with the letter X.
2) Provide Your Password
First-time users should use their ATM PIN (Personal Identification Number) to log in to Internet Banking. After entering Internet Banking for the first time using your ATM PIN, you will be prompted to create an exclusive password for Internet Banking.
- Your ATM PIN is used for ATM and debit card transactions and Telephone Banking. Your PIN can only consist of four numbers.
- Creating a password for Internet Banking will not affect the current PIN you use for ATM or point of sale transactions.
- For security purposes, Fifth Third recommends that you change your PIN every 30-60 days.
Creating Your Internet Banking Password after Your Initial Log In
An Internet Banking password is used exclusively to access Internet Banking and Bill Payment.
Guidelines for creating your Internet Banking password:
- Passwords must consist of 6-12 letters and numbers. The maximum password length is 12 characters. Passwords longer than 12 characters will not work on future visits.
- Create a strong password with a combination of numbers and uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Do not base your password on personal information that is easily guessed.
- Create a unique password that you only use with your Fifth Third card.
- Never share your password with anyone.
3) Logging In
After you’ve entered your User ID and password, click the Log In button and follow the steps to create your Personal Profile. You will be asked to select preferences, set security questions, provide email address, and enter additional account information.
Log In Errors
You will receive an error message if you enter an invalid User ID or password. If you continue to enter an invalid User ID or password more than three times, your account will be locked.
To unlock your account, please contact a Customer Service Professional at 1-800-972-3030. Customer Service Professionals will not be able to see your password, but they can provide you with further assistance.
When you are finished with your Fifth Third Internet Banking and Bill Payment session, you should log out using the Log Out button at the top of the screen and close your browser window. For added security, if you are inactive for ten minutes, the site will automatically log you out.