Logging In for Returning Users
Forgot Your User ID
Internet Banking User IDs must be one of the following:
- Fifth Third debit card number
- Your nine-digit Social Security number. (It is not necessary to include the dashes between the numbers.) Note: Customers must have requested to use their Social Security number as their User ID by contacting a Customer Service Professional at 1-800-972-3030 or visiting a Fifth Third Banking Center.
- Custom User ID. Note: This cannot be used for the initial log in and must be created in the Service Center after your initial log in to Internet Banking. If this is your first log in to Internet Banking, please follow the First-Time Users instructions.
If you forgot your Internet Banking User ID, you can contact a Customer Service Professional at
1-800-972-3030 who can provide you with further assistance.
Forgot Your Password
Returning users should use their Internet Banking password. This password should be used exclusively for Internet Banking and should be different from your ATM PIN. Setting up an Internet Banking password will not affect the PIN you use for ATM and debit card transactions and Telephone Banking.
- For security purposes, Fifth Third requires that your Internet Banking password must contain 6-12 characters.
- Fifth Third recommends that you change your PIN every 30-60 days.
If you forgot your Internet Banking password, you can reset your password online or contact a Customer Service Professional at 1-800-972-3030. Customer Service Professionals will not be able to see your password, but they can provide you with further assistance or reset your password to be your ATM PIN number.
Log In Errors
You will receive an error message if you enter an invalid User ID or password. If you continue to enter an invalid User ID or password more than three times, your account will be locked.
To unlock your account, please contact a Customer Service Professional at 1-800-972-3030. Customer Service Professionals will not be able to see your password, but they can provide you with further assistance.
When you are finished with your Fifth Third Internet Banking and Bill Payment session, you should log out using the Log Out button at the top of the screen and close your browser window. For added security, if you are inactive for ten minutes, the site will automatically log you out.