Account Setup for Quicken 2006-2007 Direct Connect for Macintosh
Follow these steps to set up your Fifth Third Bank accounts through your Quicken software. You will only need to follow these steps the first time you set up Quicken.
- Open Quicken on your Mac®.
- Select File from the menu bar. In the menu that appears, select New and then select Account.
- In the window that appears start keying "Fifth Third Bancorp." Once Fifth Third Bancorp is selected in the list click Continue.
- You will be asked to select which types of accounts to add in Quicken. Three categories are listed in Quicken: Cash Flow, Investments and Property & Debt. Choose your account type. (At this time, only Cash Flow accounts are supported by Fifth Third Bank.) Click Next.
- The next dialog box will ask for an Account Name. This is the name that the software will display, so enter an account name that will help you identify the account, such as "Jennifer's Checking." Click Next when you're finished.
- You will be asked whether to set up accounts to synchronize online or manually. Select online. Click Next.
- The next screen will ask for your customer ID and PIN. Enter the ID and password that you use to log in to Fifth Third Internet Banking and Bill Payment. Click Next to move on.
- Quicken will now synchronize your software with Fifth Third. No action is necessary on this screen.
- You will be asked to confirm a list of accounts to download. Confirm and click Next to continue.
- Quicken will display the account(s) and transactions you downloaded. Click Done.
- Refer to the instructions below for updating your account information.
Updating Account Information in Quicken 2006-2007 for Macintosh
- Select Online from the menu bar. In the menu that appears, select Download Transactions.
- Choose Fifth Third Bancorp from the Financial Institution pop-up menu.
- Next you'll be asked for your PIN. Enter the password you use to log in to Fifth Third Internet Banking. Click OK.
- Quicken connects to the Internet and downloads your transactions for all online accounts at Fifth Third Bancorp that you have set up in Quicken.
- Review the downloaded transactions. Accept or delete as appropriate. To approve all transactions, click Accept All. The statement is now a part of your Quicken register.