- Protect Yourself
- Tools to Protect Yourself
- Trusteer Rapport
- ID Theft
- Payments Fraud
- How Fifth Third Protects You
- Security of Accounts and Information
- Online Payments Control
- Secure Communications
- Useful Resources
- Fraud Alerts
- About Our Site
- ADA Compliance
- Disclaimers & Legal Notices
- Security Technology
- Viewing Recommendations
Tools to Protect Yourself
Security Technology for Businesses
Having the right tools on your computer will go a long way towards helping you to protect your personal and financial information. Consider the following to secure your business:
- Install and keep up-to-date anti-virus and anti-spyware software.
- Keep operating systems, browsers, and all other software and hardware up-to-date.
- Consider disabling CD, DVD, and USB drives on all computers where these drives are not needed.
- Install a pop-up blocker on your system.
- Scan emails for malicious content.
- Patch all software on your computer systems regularly.
- Consider dedicating a computer to all online banking transactions only. Do not use this computer for anything else.
- Minimize the number of, and restrict the functions for, computer workstations and laptops that are used for online banking and payments. A workstation used for online banking should not be used for general Web browsing, e-mailing, and social networking
- Use/install and maintain spam filters.
- Install routers and firewalls to prevent unauthorized access to your computer or network.
- Change the default passwords on any network devices
- Protect your passwords. Choose strong passwords that can be remembered but that also meet the complexity requirements of websites. Do not use the same password for multiple sites or accounts. Change passwords periodically
- Regularly visit http://53.com/security for updates and free tools that can be used to protect you and your business.